Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The third graders have more testing this week. Which means I again get to "supervise" (aka "babysit") half the class during the day. So today, after we finished up our math worksheet, we started watching The Princess Bride.

And oh, how my little heart fluttered.

I totally forgot how dreamy Westley is!














Oh God...
Cary Elwes very well could have been my very first girlhood crush.
Well either Cary Elwes or Rick Moranis. I don't know which came first.
















My palms are sweaty all over again.

But a warning to those thinking of googling their own childhood (or current) movie star crushes: Sometimes reality takes the magic away. As would, I'm guessing, seeing the movie Saw.

I have discovered that sometimes, when you search and finally find the filmography profile of that special someone, you may discover some unpleasant truths.

Like country music albums. Or a role as John Paul II. (I don't think you can have a steamy crush on the pope.)

Weight may have fluxuated, aging may have taken it's toll, roles may have taken a dive, and unattractive mustaches may have appeared.

Now don't let this completely deter you. Have fun. But be careful.

You have been warned...

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a strange childhood crush on Raphael from the teenage mutant ninja turtles. NOT the cartoon character but the one from the movie- c'mon what do I look like, a freak? Oh, but if that doesn't beat all, my sister had a crush on Joe Pecci, (sp?) from Home Alone. Now that's fucked up. By the way I miss you.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger nacho_supreme said...

HA! Oh man...Shelley. Sadly, I can relate to both of those scenarios. I TOTALLY had a Joe Pecci phase...And a TMNT phase...But...the cartoon. I AM A FREAK! Haha! Seriously though. I remember the playground conversation SPECIFICALLY because I think we were discussing their voices and it was probably 1st or 2nd grade, and it was the first time I used the word "sexy".

I MISS YOU TOO!
6 and half weeks and I'm back in the mid west...CAN'T WAIT!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger highdesertsultan said...

sweet!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm...so fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home