Tuesday, October 17, 2006

here i go again on my own...

Hi.
So it's been awhile.
The last time I wrote a legitimate entry, I was still excited about American Idol.
To think, I didnt even know about Project Runway yet!

Well, the times, they are a-changin'. In fact, an entire season has come and gone. But now that the leaves are falling and all the people I dig have found themselves spread out across the country (and world), I figure it's high time to start up my bloggings once again. But not before a thorough update!

Here's a sampling of my whereabouts since May, sandwiched between two slices of music festival.

There was Sasquatch, my last days on the 'res in Washington, the end of our JVC experience, a Wilkins family affair in Minnesota, a few reunions with my Creighton peeps, and what has come to be known as the Lincoln Summer Of Love 2006, which I was enduring/enjoying far too much (hot dogs, old style, kick ball, bike rides, regular outings till the break-a break-a dawn y'all) to take too many pictures. Then a Labor Day jaunt to Madison, and a legendary road trip to Austin for some more amazing music, amazing friends, and laughing spasms.


So since my hiatus, here are
a few highlights:
-A new baby niece.
-Handfuls of new friends.
-Hot dogs.
-Clean closets.
-Meeting about 22 people with a derivitive of the name Andrew living in Lincoln, and being smitten, albiet ever-so-briefly, by two of them.
-"Do You Realize" permormed live.
-Jen Champoux.


A few lowlights:
-Post Reservation culture shock.
-Sweating.
-An unhealthy addiction to MySpace.
-Post-graduate confusion.
-Saying some tearful goodbyes to our family pediatrician Dr. Shriner, our family friend Kevin Colleran, and our family cat Ernie.

I also would like to extend a celebratory congrats to two of my besties. Shelley's got a Mini-Me on the way, and Catmo's got a rock on her finger. I can't think of two more amazing people to take the first big steps into adulthood so I don't have to. To those about to rock, we salute you. Seriously, I love you both so much and am so happy for you!

And big ups to my bro-bro doing his thang in Prague. I'm jealous.

Anywho. I promise to eventually post some beautiful pictures to accompany this post. And to get a bit more regular with the updates. But for now, I bid you adieu.

I've got a date at Barnes & Noble.

2 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Blogger rfresh said...

Hell Yessica, I'm glad your back. i've been slackin on the blog as well. Check mine soon. Boffo times 9, me promise. I miss you.

Reeces Pieces

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm proud you've redeemed yourself in the blogging world..."Gawd I'm so Deep" died a lonnnnggg time ago. Sooo you're in Lincoln? WTF? Call me. Or else I'll just stalk you via your blog. Your choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home