Thursday, May 25, 2006

Idol.

I'm not one to go ga-ga over a mainstream American cultural phenomenon. But HOLY CRAP, did you guys SEE American Idol last night?!?!?!



















I flipped out.

That was a truly great and entertaining piece of television. Big and bright and just cheesy enough to be totally kick ass.

A Burt Backarack medley, Meatloaf, Dion Warwick, a vaclempt David Hasselhoff. I mean World's Sexiest Vegetarian Prince was there, for Christ's sake! Gyrating and squeak-moaning in all his soulful, purple glory.



















I literally started jumping up and down in my kitchen during his performance. That was so effing awesome. Minnesota.

And I'm slightly embarrassed by this, but truthfully, I think I swooned a little when Clay Aiken came out to surprise everyone. And yeah, it made me feel kind of like a lesbian.

But look at his gorgeous HAIR!
















I'm not embarrassed to admit, however, that I have the McPheever. Katherine is a stone fox. I wish I had her boobies.

So last night gets a high five for entertainment value from me, on nearly every level. It was like a variety show circus for the new millennium. Slightly embarrassing, completely redonkulous, yet TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY AWESOME.

Soul Patrol, America. Soul Patrol.

5 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got IDOLIZED last night too! i went home to L-town to hang with the fam and have a nice BBQ. we were barely finished eating and my mom shhhh'd me in the middle of my telling a nursing story and told me she couldnt talk anymore bc idol was on. i was pissed!!! i hate idol.....UNTIL last night!!
i fell in love for one night with reality tv. it was really really good, i agree!!!
i wanted chris to win..did u see him? hes a bald hottie...and u know i love bald hotties.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger ortiz said...

Prince? that was crazy when he walked out, I was like What the hell is Prince doing on Fox..American Idol has gotten fricken huge, crazy...Even crazier, I watched the whole thing...Anyway, Hi Annie

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger rfresh said...

Prince looks "Little Richard" scarey in that photo. I'm bummed now.

Good Golly Miss Molly, auhHoooooooooo!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger rfresh said...

I got a new post...you are going to love it,

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger rfresh said...

I got a new post up...you are going to love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home