Thursday, March 06, 2008

today.

Ten years ago today, I was supposed to go to a movie. It was March of 1998, so chances are Anna, Jill, Jodi and I were planning on seeing The Wedding Singer. We were freshmen, so we would have to get to East Park by way of someone’s mom or Alexis Wissing’s Montero.

But in the middle of ironing out those plans, something else happened. And instead of heading to the theater, we got together with the rest of our classmates and headed towards Lincoln General Hospital.

It’s been a decade since the accident that nearly took Megan’s life. A decade since I witnessed the miraculous power of faith, hope, love and community. A decade since my friendship with Megan began to blossom into one of the best, most life-, love- and laughter-giving relationships a human being can hope for.

I’m so glad you’re here. On this earth, in my life, and always, always in my heart.

You are my sunshine Megs!









7 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Peggy Wilkins said...

I remember too. We were getting ready for a home Mass for our friend John Campbell, who was battling cancer. We prayed for you that night too Meg and after Mass ran over to the hospital to see every floor and hallway filled with young people from Pius and their families. The hospital was full of kids praying for you and trying to support each other. It was an amazing and moving experience - you could fell God's presence and love. On one floor you could hear the rosary being mumbeled, on another quite weeping, on another a friend's father(and MD) trying to explain your condition and what it ment.
Next weekend we will have another home Mass to make the 10th Anniversry of John' death and we will remember to pray in thanksgiving for your life. Love you Meg!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Thank you both so much for remembering this day. Your family is so special to me and I thank God for you. Love you.
I will say some prayers for John this week as well.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you and your Family Megan. We are grateful that you touch our lives.(Great Pics Annie-memories:)
Kemp

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger cathy b said...

This is such a nice tribute to your friendship. Am grateful to have the opportunity to know Megan. Thanks Annie,
Your GM,
Cathy B

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger rfresh said...

Megan is more awesome than Keenan and Kel combined.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger rfresh said...

Sister - Got some time on your hands lately? Got some stuff on your mind? In some sort of progressive transition?

My request...Grace your blog with some free flow writing awesomeness.

:)

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie...thanks for the reminder...and Meg...WOW. I can't believe that was 10 years ago. I remember being one of the older 'young people' in the hospital that day and having to comfort my sister through that. I remember the yellow ribbons and the community...makes a person grateful to have had such an amazing place to grow up and start life. I love you very much and I hope that I can see you sometime soon...you too Annie!

--Kari C

 

Post a Comment

<< Home